Thursday, June 7, 2007

If its good for your bollocks...

Crew-x, again. Woke up at 5am, started in on a pot of coffee and a bottle of Baileys. Nearly emptied both by the time we headed to the airport at 6am. For a change, my flights were uneventful. Downed more coffee and Baileys on my second flight and slept on the third. About 5 minutes after landing in Memphis, the airport lost power and the UPS backup, failed. Fortunately, the folks in one of the bars had their registers on a separate UPS system and I was able to drink beer in the dark. Some guy sang the blues.

Last night, I attended a company dinner somewhere across the bay at a beachside restaurant. Free beer and food sums that up. It was an early night and I was back up at 4am for an early breakfast and bus ride to a fuel dock. We’re currently motoring out into the big blue on a crew boat and I’ve set up the laptop at a table on the shelter deck where I found an outlet wired to the ship’s clean power. Its hot and muggy despite the early hour and the port is busy. Helicopters are flying overhead and the tugs re busy pushing fuel barges, big rigs and tankers in and out. A few fishing boats dot the bay. Ship traffic is heavy, causing us to constantly slow down and speed up as we pass ships heading in.

It’s now time to transfer to our ships, but the seas are heavy, it’s raining sideways and lightning strikes are occurring at a rate of one per minute. We’re stuck here for a while...

Transferred, finally. Got soaked and found that my luggage was completely soaked as well, despite residing in a “waterproof” bag. Sat in an air-conditioned room for 3 hours to dry off. Good for your bollocks, I guess.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Selfish me....when you are out to sea you blog and I love it.

Anonymous said...

Can you hear again??

Anonymous said...

still quit? i'm still prayin for ya. *whew* welcome(?) aboard!

Blondie said...

I love it when you are out at sea, too. It's fun! Well, for me. Yes, how is your ear??

The Pirate said...

Leann-I'm glad someone enjoys my being out here besides my dog, who's not getting ass kicked while I'm gone.

LL-what?

Mr. bud-Yessssss...

Queen-Bollocks happens to be one of my favorites, too and i loved peter in brassed off-"The truth is, I thought it mattered - I thought that music mattered. But does it? Bollocks! Not compared to how people matter."

Blondie-my ears are both bubbling alot and my ruptured one is still only recieving my hearbeat-the old whoosh whoosh..

Anonymous said...

The beast took off this morning:(
Went after him in my PJ's, not a pretty sight.........
Miss ya!!