Saturday, May 9, 2009

Robert Plant is not a mixer and Alison Krauss a bowl

Less than 24 to go.  I hope.  No word on my oppo and whether or not he has been deported, etc.

Been a shit trip and I am ready to get the hell outta Dodge.

The only high point was yesterday coming across some new music.  Grabbed a few tidbits like Deep Purple live on the King Biscuit Flour Hour (remember THAT shit?), but I also snagged a real gem that I've been looking for and this ought to make Mr Bud happy- ROBERT PLANT/ALISON KRAUSS-RAISING SAND.  Ooooh, man is it good.  Listening to it right now.  All I need is something to convert it from MA4 (Fucking Itunes) to MP3 so I can add it to my Windows Media Player and not have to use VLC.  VLC is great for movies and while it's better than Apple Quicktime, it's sound quality leaves something to be desired.

Anyway, for anyone living in a cave who hasn't heard this album, or seen the video-you gotta get you some.

Speaking of music, I've discovered my musical taste is either very ecclectic, or very poor.  Yesterday I head down to the mess and grab a bite to eat.  Sitting at a table, I can hear music playing in the galley-the galley staff usually has something cranked up.  I can't hear it well, but the drums are great.  Rockin beat and I spend 10 minutes tapping away to the drums while I chow down.  Finally, I get up and make my way to the galley to dump my plate.  There is no music- only the giant, commercial mixer running and banging away on a metal bowl...

No comments: