Thursday, May 31, 2007

Amongst the living

OK, I'm alive and well, or almost well. I've spent what seems an eternity on the couch, sick as a fucking dog. Sicker than I think I have ever been in my life. However, I am getting better.

Today, I went out. I went on a picnic with my youngest daughter's class at a park for a few hours. Just standing around wiped me out and I had to take a short nap afterward, but I actually went out somewhere other than the hospital. After a short nappy, we even went back out-this time for dinner at my favorite Chinese place. My little one loves it there for an appetizer called "The Poo-Poo Platter". Yeah, me and her love the potty jokes, cooking shitty, cherry beef over a sterno grill and the crab rangoons. I dig seasame chicken, too.

I lasted about 10 minutes after getting home and had to lie down for a while. No freaking oomph left in this guy. I'm also still deaf in one ear and can't hear out of the other, but this will pass, says the doc. So yeah, I'm getting better-just in time to head back to sea...

4 comments:

Macoosh said...

hey! rodrigo visits my site too...all the damn time. piss off boy! no one wants your camisetas personalizadas.

anyway, glad you're better. sorry it's just in time to go back. suck. funny story tho; at the chinese food take out we used to go to, they had a picture of two stuffed winnie-the-poohs on a platter and underneath it said, "the pooh pooh platter." i was 6 when i saw it and my dad couldn't control how much i yelled at the guy at the counter. i was acting like it was a racial thing; apparently pooh's were very important to me at the time. sheesh!

Anonymous said...

My tummy's still a rumbling from the poo poo. maybe that's why they call it that?
Fresh air and sunshine is good medicine. go slow, eat right and take your geritol.
this is your mother speaking.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear yer getting better. Would only figure though. Yer getting better and yer getting ready to head back to sea. Damn, aint life a bitch.

Glad yer getting better though, sorry about the timin. It could has given ya a least a 1 maybe 2 of been better me would think.

The Pirate said...

Yo ho ho. Rodrigo needs to be put on a platter, epsecially after thta dirty needle he passed me...