Thursday, July 24, 2008

Grenade!

Today I am required to brush up on explosive devices, IED's, pirates (YES!) and the ISPS (International Society of Pirates and Such) or some such nonsense.  On Saturday, we're going to have some sort of drill involving pirates, bombs and general nastiness.  Should be grand fun.  How many of you out there know the five most important questions to ask the caller when you field a bomb threat call on the telephone?  Anyone?  Well, I'm committing this sort of knowledge to memory for a pop quiz to follow the drill.

FYI, the first thing you should always ask a person perpetrating a bomb threat is, "ARE YOU FUCKING NUTS?"
If they answer in the affirmative, hang up the phone and leave the premises immediately. 

This has been a public service announcement.  We now return you to your regularly scheduled surfing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I have you here to tell us these things. The next time I field a bomb threat on my home's Batphone I'll ask them if they are fucking nuts and then I will leave the premises.