Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, its off to work I go (or not)

UPDATE:
Lets see, how could it get worse? I woke up to this: NO fucking hot water! And my strep throat has returned-I should have taken the shot of penicillin instead of the Keflex, I guess. We’ll see how easy it is to get a prescription filled in Mobile, Al. Waiting 20-30 minutes to get it filled should add a nice chunk of change to the 1 hour, 40 minute cab ride to the hotel I have been stupidly booked into, ignoring the fact that there are 342 hotels within 1 mile of the airport. At least this high fever is keeping me happy and I’ve got all day to wander around Alabama. Now, do I pay 4 bucks for an hour on the Internet, or do I wait until this afternoon when I get it for free at the hotel? Decisions, decisions.

I waited.































Crew-x suks.
After a sleepless night and the pain of leaving my friends and family, I have to endure AIR TRAVEL. I know, everyone thinks, TSA, restrictions, security, lines and all that. No. All that is good and tolerable and is a small price to pay. Granted, the current security would NOT have stopped the reason we have the current security issues, but it’s still the right thing to do and not at all difficult if you stay current on the restrictions and take a small amount of time and effort to BE PREPARED.

No, what I hate are the fucking “mohans” (Nod to daughter) who have no common sense, no courtesy and think that they are more important than the other 15 million people traveling today. Every time I fly, I have to grit my teeth and fight the urge to do violence on some of these fuckwits. I called out one today and people stared and grumbled at him the whole fucking flight. HA!

Slop a shitty airline on top of that and you get one pissed off fucking pirate, stuck in a hotel that resides in a completely different state from the one that his favorite airline stranded him in and sprinkle in a little non-smoking hotel rule and a fucking hair in his cold, hour-old, mozzarella stick from Arbys and it has been a bad fucking day. All this and I’m still two days, a shuttle ride, two flights, two taxis and a crew boat away from getting to work. Fucking-A, how was your commute, today?

11 comments:

Blondie said...

Aha--the pirate is FIRED UP and ready to head back to the wild seas. I must say, my commute in my Corolla is much less painful. Until I hit the city potholes that go all the way down to the 1800s cobblestone. But still, that doesn't compare...

Freddie said...

My commute? Pretty much the same as always: me trying to put on my make-up and stressing while Tallman gripes 'cuz we're late, and Sunshine hollers: "Need [Achoo!] anudder [Achoo!] KLEENEX Mom!" And then, of course, the: "Here Mom, I'm done!" as she hands each one back to me, used.

Still beats yours though. Hope it gets better.

Maeve said...

My commute will be stopping off at the local burger joint to get my very picky austic son to eat a "delicious, nutrious" breakfast.
*snort*
I will then have to stop off and get raped at the pumps by paying $3.23 a gallon.
My morning commute still beats yours any day. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

I miss you... my job is a lot tougher when you are not here to take care of PW!

Kat said...

Atlanta traffic is awful. and that's an understatement.

But my commute was still somewhat better than yous! Ack!

Hang in there

Anonymous said...

well, lets see, the commute. had to walk the couple blocks to the bar, where there was an empty stool next to mine cause mate's got a real job, then had to stumble home past security. normal commute.

ps. they have heat for now. fingers crossed the boats hiding from rough seas...

Anonymous said...

Northworst. I'm in Mobile, finally. I can smoke here but I've got strep throat so that's kind of out.

Anonymous said...

Uh, yers is definitely way way worse than mine. SAHM you see. :(:(:(:(:( that yer commute is so shitty, that ya got strep throat again and how long ya gonna be gone from PW?? 3 weeks?? Man oh man me hopes ya start to feel better soon oh half the crew of yer ship may end up dead.

Hang in there. It can only get better from here right?? ;)

Jay said...

Mobile Al? Oh that really sucks dude. I guess you hand no choice huh? Nobody goes there on purpose.

I definitely recommend tequila. Of cours that's my answer to everything.

Anonymous said...

dude, you are so missing it. (not)we're writting a book. this chapter is fabulious. i offered wed overnight as a compromise. emphatic no way! oh... damn it's getting good. off to court we go. i will attempt a stay, so you can join in the fun. :) we are outta here to colorado!!... i'll be mobile.

all else is fine and good except the stupid server is down thus the plop here.PW and lil girlfriend are good.. ring when u land...
i hope travels with charlie are over and da boat don't stink.

Anonymous said...

-I flee in the face of tequilla these days.

-mr bud the Eagle has landed. Hang in there and keep me informed!!!