Wednesday, March 7, 2007

A Pirate's Tale


A friend told me her little girl likes pirate books and I can't sleep. Give my addled mind a set of idle hands and anything might appear. In this case, it's a pirate story, but not just any story. This is the toddler version of my life as a pirate.

Once upon a time a man left home to make his fortune in the world. He built great and wonderful things, but they tended to lean



and sometimes fall down. One day he built a house and it fell on him.


Ouch!

So then,


he tried to fly a desk



in an office,



but he couldn't work from 9 to 5.



Finally, he went to sea and became a pirate and he was happy but his head hurt in the morning a lot.



He sailed the stormy seas for many years in his pirate ship,



staying one step ahead of the royal navy and



collecting much booty;)


Finally, he met the most beautiful girl in all the world and they were married.



She became his pirate queen.


Soon, they had a baby girl and



she became a pirate princess.



And they gave her a pet. Black Beard, the pirate dog.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to read this to the little angel tonight. She will love it. Thank you, Pirate!

Anonymous said...

Ha! Love it. Great story.

Jay said...

Great story. So sweet.

Of course, black beard the pirate dog looks like he'd like to be left alone.

Anonymous said...

Pirate dog does not get too enthused about anything except moving vehicles and food...

Travis said...

I want pirate dog. You will give to me the pirate dog

Maeve said...

I love happy endings.

Anonymous said...

looks like black beard found the pirates wine stash.

Anonymous said...

Travis, pirate dog got into the garbage 3 times today. Last time I was home, he crapped on the floor. I woke up and stepped in it. He is not the most desirable mutt in the world, lately. He also has really, really bad gas.

As mr bud notes, he may also have found my wine stash, in which case he will BBQ'd for lunch tomorrow...

Macoosh said...

great story! i especially like the part about the pirate booty. i always wanted some of that.

....i realize what that sounds like, but i mean that i really wanted to find a treasure chest. :)

....there is no way to have this not sound sexual.

Anonymous said...

The pirate would be most honored;)

Anonymous said...

Barista same with me about find the new site meself. Never thought about goin to Queen cuz of course me figured she meant FTTW. HA HA to me.. Took another friend to tell me where ya was. Why oh why didnt me just check Queen out and find ya right away?? Addled minds me tells ya...