Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Day 3

Well I'm all settled in on the ship, now.  I've been pretty sick since arriving in Luanda, but felt better this morning when I awoke.  Yesterday was kind of a blur-did very little other than begin training the new guy and attending a fire drill.  Still need to finish unpacking and then dive into work.  My other employee has been taking care of the work and completing an upgrade to our computer system and thankfully, has done a bang-up job.   We had a serious injury yesterday-one of the guys got a huge fishhook embedded in his thumb, requiring the medic to operate to remove it.  That's the price we have to pay for sashimi and I for one, am willing to pay it.  We lost a 4-foot yellow fin tuna, yesterday, too.  Hopefully, that is a sign of the tuna to come!

No comments: