- 160 million years ago - Madagascar is born as it separates from the African mainland
- 80 million years ago - Madagascar breaks away from India
- Around 2000 years ago - Madagascar settled by Indonesians or people of mixed Indonesian/African descent
- December 1894 - France invades Madagascar and takes the capital Tana on October 1, 1895. France loses only 20 men in battle during the campaign but more than 6,000 to disease
- 2005 The Pirate watches the movie and learns that lemurs come from Madagascar.
- June 26th, The Pirate learns he might work in Madagascar and looks up the capital city in the giant Atlas to find it's called Antananarivo, The city of one-thousand warriors and yells "Fuck me! That's cool!"
*All this Malagasy goodness comes from a plethora of sources across the wide-open plains of the wild and wonderful Internet.
I'm going to have to watch the movie tonight, I guess.