Monday, May 19, 2008

A blogging miscellany

Not much on the plate today that's blog-worthy.  Work is work, it's DAMN hot here and my sunburn has turned to tan (finally, almost-showering is no longer painful) and I am properly and continuously frustrated.
***
Out of boredom and lack of feeds (from ya'll) I clicked Google Reader's "Discover" button.  Surprisingly, the first offering is the blog of one of the Zookeepers:)  I added it and hope I can keep up with the astro-science.
***
I noticed one of my Google contacts, auto-added from a certain group's long and winding email conversations who calls herself Molly and very well may actually BE named Molly, had a link suggestion in her, um, what'dyacallit message thingy that I also clicked on out of boredom and a lack of reading material (I have to read SOMETHING with my morning coffee, dammit).  Well, it was about human herbivores, written by one.  I have little or no interest in herbivores, and herbs in general, unless they're smokable, but true to my nature (one of reading every word on a cereal box if I don't have a paper, or book, regardless of the fact I read the entire fucking box, yesterday), I read the article.  Interesting, engaging, witty and yes, even informative. This is where I should note that if you mis-spell witty, as whitty, Gmail offers to change it to shitty for you.  Which is anything but and personally, something I find witty.
***
Finally, speaking of personal, I have once again made the great and terrible, personal choice to quit smoking.  Working out every day in extreme heat, driven by a sadistic bastard medic and personal trainer has made it, dare I characterize the afore-mentioned, personal hell, as easy?   I think not, but when combined with my trusty nic-o-tine patch, I find that I start the day completely forgetting that I smoke.  I'm still slipping in the occasional butt, or two when work pushes my blood pressure to dangerous levels and I have to leave the room, or take a fire axe to someone's cerebellum, or my computer's processing nodes, but otherwise, I think I might be successful given a few more days.
***
Oh yeah, the image above is one of a piliated woodpecker who lives around my house and will fucking die if he ever pecks on my house again after midnight.

No comments: