Friday, December 12, 2008

Charred meat

Tonight, just before sunset, we're going to have a BBQ out on the helideck.  Beer and wine that won't get you drunk, but WILL give you the shits.  Burgers, steaks, sausages, chicken and every other kind of mammal you can char in flame.  Hopefully, they make some of those awesome shrimp kabobs.  I could eat thirty or forty without breaking a sweat.

I've been eating less and healthier since arriving.  I've also been hungry 24/7 except for 3 days ago when they made chicken enchiladas for dinner.  They were huge.  Most people could barely finish one.  I ate three and went into a food coma not 20 minutes later.  I mean passed out cold.  Woke up 10 hours later, still uncomfortably bloated and still full.  Damn good eats, though.  Now though?  I've considered eating my pen, but actually my cordless mouse is looking pretty plump and juicy...

I was 194 pounds back in late October and just yesterday was at 176 fighting-ready pounds.  I've still got a spare tire, but it's definitely got a slow leak;)  My latest move on the fitness front was to connect with crossfit.com.   These fucking guys are serious about their workouts and when I found them, was really into shaving some time off my 1-2 hour workouts, while still getting the same bang.  Bastards got bang, that's for sure.  The WOD's are not for the faint of heart.  20-30 minutes of balls-to-the-wall.  You (I) need to trim a little weight off their recommendations, or drop a few reps unless you happen to be in the UFC, or a contender for 2012 Olympics.  Mostly military, ex-military, some police, fire, ems guys are found on the site.  Lots of testosterone, and these rabid workouts designed to cripple the average, fat, 40-something smoker stupid enough to join the program. Yeah.  We'll see how long this lasts...

Anyway, in about 5 minutes, I'm going to do my best to forget about tomorrow's crossfit torture and go gorge myself on charred meat. Goddammit, I've earned it!

No comments: