Sunday, December 14, 2008

Time for me to fly...

Yep.  It's that time again.  It doesn't feel like it, but today is crew-x.  Usually, there's a certain aura in the air the night before.  Some crew are excited, some can't sleep, music blasts in the instrument room, lots of extended conversations.  Not last night.  It was quiet, people seemed to be hiding.  No music.  No excitement.  One of the other Chiefs and I BS'd in the smoking lounge for a while and then both of us were knackered and retired to pass out.

I didn't want to pack.  Had no urge.  Had to force my self to prepare to leave the boat.  Others said the same thing.  Today? I'm still not done packing. People are still quiet, almost moping.  I don't get it.  Somebody must've put some funky shit in our water.  That, or Malarone is some sort of weird psychotropic drug that makes you want to stay at work.  I've been on that shit for nearly a week and the only thing I noticed is that I'm tired all the time.

Well, the engines just fired up and I believe we are making our way over to the quay.  Time to take my coffee up on deck, greet the port and the day.  Hopefully, in about 8 hours, I'll be winging my way North to Tunisia, then Frankfurt, Chee-Ka GO, Minnie and home, sometime around midnight, tomorrow.  Ya'll take care

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm messaging you every way possible.
Find a nice camp at MPLS!
stake your claim.

+8" @ 40-50 mph wind. Not quite home yet.

call. I got's friends/relatives right there.