Thursday, January 10, 2008

We don't need no stinking poo-poo platter

With the possible exception of a few of PW's more memorable meals, I don't think I've had many food hangovers. Yesterday I was prompted to binge eat to the point that I'm actually ill tonight.

The chef and his staff of highly motivated and brilliant cooks prepared; duck in mint sauce, coconut crusted prawns and mango sauce, paprika pork and mushrooms in char sui with sour cream, steamed bok choy, garlic crusted potatoes and finally, dumplings in butterscotch sauce. I finished my fourth helping and all that was missing was the bucket at my feet, a waitress scrubbing the carpet and Gaston attempting to slip one thin mint past my lips with a knife.

Though it was difficult, I managed to stumble back to my rack and collapse, bloated and moaning. I actually couldn't sleep, or move, I just lay there for hours, threatening to burst through my T-shirt. This when I had grand plans to reach for 15KM on the elliptical after shift. Bastards.

In other news, there is no other news.

No comments: