Thursday, March 13, 2008

Cabbages and Condoms

There are guns going off below me on the gun deck.  I can here them echoing through the ship.  Glad I'm not sleeping right now.   We're back to work and it feels good.  Every minute we work gets me closer to getting off this tub.  I took in the night with a cuppa joe up on the helideck.  It's cold, with a freshening breeze, but pleasant.  No moon.  Seas are calm and I watched them for a long time.  That shit won't last long here.  In fact, we are planning to run for shelter again, this weekend. 
***

Despite a plan that has me NOT EVER leaving this ship, I've been working on getting flights home for crew-x.  I cannot believe how hard it is to fly from here to home without taking 40 hours, stopping in 4 countries and having to spend most of a day and a night in Los Angeles. I suppose if NZ had a sex industry like Thailand, it would be easy.  Plenty of non-stop, Bangkok to JFK flights for the Elliot Spitzer crowd.  What?  You think the guy spends $4300 every time he knocks one off?  No way, I bet he hits the 2 for 1 Wednesday night deals after a pleasant meal at Cabbages and Condoms.  The Thai cuisine at Cabbages and Condoms is wonderful, btw-cheep, too!  Really.  Pinky swear.  OK, go look it up if you don't believe me...
***

In other news, I've almost ridden my favorite elliptical machine from Christchurch to Ashbutron, some 80 kilometers.  Thanks to our wonderful chefs, I've not lost a single fucking pound (or kilo) on the way, either.  Half lobsters smothered in cheese and then baked in the oven were on the breakfast menu tonight...

Peace

No comments: