Saturday, March 1, 2008

Cell phone providers suk

Cellular service providers, as an industry, suck.  They make nothing simple, or economic.  Everything is about pigeon-holing their customers into spending as much as possible, cloaked in shiny package deals that never offer what you need.  Need this?  You can get it for FREE, when you buy this shiny, round thing you don't need and will never use at twice it's cost.  It really frustrates me, especially when the bits that I need-international roaming and long-distance, can only be had over the phone.  Worse, they aren't found on any link in their entire website, you have to use the search function to get to their stand-alone, unlinked pages.  Bastids.  I don't even need to get into what Cingular did to me only a year and a half ago.  They all just suk.

After 3 hours of frustration, I've done as much as I can do online, the rest will have to done over the phone.  Now, I can relax while trying to obtain an aussie work visa, online-yeah right.

********
Other than that, life is grand out here.  Work is progressing smoothly, now.  The weather is better, the food is wonderful (had more toothfish, this time accented with an avocado salsa!!) and I actually slept 4 straight hours yesterday.  Did my laundry and found an old, dog-eared copy of Larry McMurtry's classic western novel, Lonesome Dove.  At 960 pages, it ought to keep me occupied for a few nights.  Life gets so narrow out here, I don't know what I would do without books...

Peace.


No comments: