Sunday, March 2, 2008

Why, why, why?

You can post images.  You can even post video.  Has anybody noticed that audio has been left out in the cold like and unwanted dog?  I've been plowing through dozens of new artists and hundreds of songs that I've accumulated lately and not yet listened to.  I've deleted a fair bit, but found a few, new artists that I would love to share on here, but alas..."The truth is, I THOUGHT it mattered - I thought that MUSIC mattered. But does it? Bollocks! Not compared to how people matter."  Thanks to Pete Postlethwaite for that, I guess I'll move on...

Um, maybe I won't.  Todays picks (not posted, dammit) would be; Martha Wainwright-Bloody Mother Fucking Asshole and Ball And Chain.  Both, beautifully composed and sung with a sort of sad fury that puts me in mind of an angry Lucinda Williams.  I'm impressed.

Oh, and I just now discovered she is the sister of Rufus Wainwright.  No surprise, given their parentage, that both would be so talented.  She may even be better that Rufus since she doesn't do that thing where he takes forever to push his voice up to the right note on really slow songs-a bit annoying, that.  I'm rambling and I'll stop....

Anyway, Go find Martha somewhere like Last.fm and have a listen.

Peace.

No comments: